Vision : Fostering Connections, Building Relationships
● To be the bridge between the alumni and the school, enabling the alumni to continue to be a part of the WRS family.
● To give back to the school that taught them moral values and helped develop their character.
● To foster connections and build a network among the alumni.
The first committee headed by Mr Mohamad Farhan (Class of 2011) and Miss Jolene Lee Pei Yun (Class of 2013) comprised of students from different batches to reflect the breadth of skills and experience of the alumni population.
The committee also designed a logo that is inspired by the school song. The W in WRS is spread out, mimicking the wings of a butterfly as they have unfolded from their cocoons (as stated in the school song). The letters W, R and S are linked to represent the role of the Alumni Committee, to be the bridge between the school and all of the alumni of WRS. The three school colours have also been incorporated into the design, serving as a reminder that the alumni will always be part of the WRS community. The colours are splattered, showing the growth that they have gone through during their time in the school.
In 2018, the alumni started tutoring the graduating cohort during the weekly Night Study Sessions. Different alumni have also been invited to share their experiences through the Education and Career Guidance (ECG) Programme during Teach the Child Programme at the start of the year and the annual Full-time National Serviceman (NSF) Engagement Talk.
Other activities that the alumni hopes to contribute in include:
● Assisting in the running of level camps and Graduation Night
● Planning for bonding activities such as game days, movie screening or homecoming for different batches of students
For more updates, follow us @wrsalumni