Department Programmes / Highlights
- The Math Trail was conducted for all Sec 1E and 1NA students as part of the Week X activities. iPads were used to enhance students’ learning experiences.
A Math Learning Journey cum Math Trail at the Changi Airport was also conducted for the Sec 1NT students as part of the Week X activities.
The objectives are as follows:
- to help students see the relevance of Mathematics;
- to provide opportunities for students in applying Mathematics and solve problems in authentic situations;
- to develop 21st Century Competencies competencies in students;
- to make learning enjoyable through interesting Math Trail tasks.
- With the aim to stretch students in handling non-routine Math problems, all Sec 1 students will take part in the International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS). It contains both diagnostic assessment and competition element. An online report will be provided to students for their understanding of own strengths and areas for improvement.
- For the more-abled students, a Talent Development Programme in Math has been planned for. Selected students will undergo training conducted by external vendor or our teachers to stretch their Mathematical thinking and capacity. They will also have a chance to take in challenging Math competitions such as Math Challenge organised by Ngee Ann Polytechnic, All Singapore Math Competition for Normal Course Students organised by Clementi Town Secondary School, Australian Math Competition and Singapore Math Olympiad.